My kids really liked making these cookies and decorating the Christmas Tree with them. They are quick and easy to make and delightful to eat. :)
You can use food coloring on them. Put icing, sprinkles, etc as well. But we didn't do any of that, ours go just as well without colors. :)
Ingredients for Dough:
2-3 medium-large eggs
1 cup sugar2 sticks (16 tbsp) unsalted butter, at cold temperature
3 cups all-purpose flour, plus about 1 cup more for dusting
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1. Shred butter into the flour. Mix well.
2. Mix eggs with sugar until sugar dissolves.
3. Combine butter/flour mixture with egg/sugar mixture. Add baking soda.
4. Mix very well with mixer or by hand. Split into 3-4 balls and put them into the fridge for an hour.
5. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface. About 1/8" thick. Cut out any cookie shapes an use a straw to make holes in them for the string to go through.
6. Place all cookies on a floured baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes on 390 degrees F, or until the edges begin to brown.
MERRY CHRISTMAS my Dears!!